Updated: Jun 2
Listen to this blog: 🎵 Click Here To Listen
Welcome, home stagers! Are you ready to take your business to new heights?
In this blog, we will explore the powerful sales strategies outlined in the book "Sales Growth: Five Proven Strategies from the World's Sales Leaders" and focus specifically on the incremental sales strategy.
By implementing this approach, you can meet with high-volume real estate agents, secure home staging projects, and steadily increase your market share. We will provide a 12-month sales growth strategy, revenue projections based on data from the National Association of Realtors, and even offer closing script samples to help you win over objections.
So, let's dive in!
1. Meeting with a High-Volume Real Estate Agent and Securing a Home Staging Project
To kick-start your sales growth journey, begin by identifying and targeting high-volume real estate agents in your area. These agents handle a significant number of listings, making them ideal partners for your home staging business.
Here's an example of how you can secure a project with a high-volume agent:
Example Scenario: You have identified an agent with a stellar track record and an impressive listing portfolio. Now, it's time to set up a meeting.
a. Introduce yourself: Begin by calling or emailing the agent, briefly introducing yourself and your home staging services. Highlight the value you bring to the table, such as enhancing the presentation of their listings to attract more buyers.
b. Offer a compelling proposition: Explain how staging can potentially increase the selling price and reduce time on market, ultimately benefiting the agent. Share success stories and statistics from previous projects to support your claims.
c. Showcase your portfolio: Share a visually appealing portfolio that demonstrates your expertise and showcases transformations you've achieved in the past. Offer to provide a complimentary staging consultation for one of the agent's listings as a demonstration of your abilities.
d. Close the deal: Request an in-person meeting to discuss collaboration further. Ensure you communicate your enthusiasm and commitment to helping the agent achieve their goals.
Express your willingness to adapt your staging approach to their specific needs.
2. Implementing a 12-Month Sales Growth Strategy
Now that you've secured your first project, it's time to focus on expanding your market share gradually.
Here's a 12-month sales growth strategy to guide you:
Month 1: • Meet with your high-volume agent to finalize the details of the first project.
• Deliver outstanding results to exceed expectations and earn their trust.
Months 2-6: • Schedule monthly follow-up meetings with the agent to discuss progress and share success stories from recent projects.
• Request an additional project each month, emphasizing the value you've already delivered.
Months 7-12: • Continue nurturing the relationship by providing regular updates on industry trends, new staging techniques, and any relevant market insights.
• Offer incentives or discounts for multiple projects to encourage the agent's continued collaboration.
3. Revenue Growth Projection
To understand the potential revenue growth, let's consider data from the National Association of Realtors, which states that the average cost of home staging is $2,500. Assuming your increased market share allows you to secure an additional project each month, let's project your revenue growth:
Month 1: $2,500
Month 2: $5,000
Month 3: $7,500
Month 12: $30,000
By the end of the 12-month period, your incremental sales strategy could potentially generate $30,000 in additional revenue. Remember, these numbers are based on assumptions, but they highlight the potential growth that can be achieved by targeting high-volume agents.
5. Closing Script Samples
Here are some closing script samples to help you secure a project with a high-volume real estate agent:
Closing Script Sample 1: Emphasizing the Value Proposition
Agent: "I appreciate your presentation, but I'm not convinced staging is necessary."
Home Stager: "I completely understand your concerns, Agent. However, I want to highlight the value staging brings to your listings. Did you know that staged homes sell, on average, 73% faster than non-staged homes? By investing in staging, we can attract more potential buyers, increase the perceived value of the property, and ultimately maximize your selling price. I'd love the opportunity to showcase these benefits on one of your listings."
Closing Script Sample 2: Overcoming Budget Objections
Agent: "I like the idea of staging, but my clients are on a tight budget."
Home Stager: "I appreciate your concern about budget, Agent. While staging does involve an investment, it's important to consider the potential return on investment. On average, staged homes sell for 17% higher than non-staged homes. By presenting the property in its best light, we can attract more qualified buyers who are willing to pay a premium. Additionally, I offer flexible staging packages to accommodate various budgets, ensuring we find the right solution for your clients."
Closing Script Sample 3: Building Trust and Credibility
Agent: "I've never worked with a home stager before. How do I know you'll deliver results?"
Home Stager: "Agent, I completely understand your hesitation. It's crucial to work with someone you trust. That's why I would like to offer you a complimentary staging consultation for one of your listings. This will give you a firsthand experience of the transformative power of staging and allow you to see the impact it can have on buyer perception. I'm confident that once you witness the results, you'll have full confidence in my ability to elevate your listings."
Closing Script Sample 4: Highlighting Competitive Advantage
Agent: "I've had other stagers approach me. What sets you apart?"
Home Stager: "Agent, I appreciate that you have options when it comes to staging services. What sets me apart is my attention to detail and personalized approach. I take the time to understand your specific target market and tailor the staging to appeal to their desires. My track record of delivering exceptional results and my dedication to staying up-to-date with the latest staging trends and techniques will ensure that your listings stand out in the market. Let's collaborate to create an unforgettable experience for potential buyers."
Closing Script Sample 5: Addressing Timing Concerns
Agent: "I'm worried about the time it takes to stage a property."
Home Stager: "Agent, I understand that time is of the essence in the real estate industry. Rest assured, my staging process is efficient and streamlined. I have a dedicated team that can typically complete the staging within a day or two, depending on the property's size. I work closely with your schedule to ensure minimal disruption to your listing timeline. By investing a short amount of time upfront, we can significantly impact the selling process and ultimately achieve faster results."
Remember, adapt these scripts to suit your personality and communication style. The key is to showcase your expertise, address objections, and build a rapport with the agent to secure their trust and collaboration.
6. Five Simple Ways to Land a Face-to-Face Meeting with a High-Volume Agent
To land that crucial face-to-face meeting with a high-volume real estate agent, consider these five effective strategies:
1. Leverage Personal Connections: Tap into your existing network and reach out to friends, family, or colleagues who may have connections to high-volume agents. Ask for introductions or recommendations, emphasizing your passion for home staging and your desire to collaborate with top performers in the industry.
2. Utilize Social Media: Social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram, can be powerful tools for connecting with real estate professionals. Follow high-volume agents in your area, engage with their content by commenting or sharing valuable insights, and send personalized messages expressing your interest in discussing a potential collaboration.
3. Attend Real Estate Workshops or Seminars: Keep an eye out for local real estate workshops or seminars where agents often participate. Attend these events and actively participate in the discussions. During networking sessions, approach high-volume agents, introduce yourself, and express your eagerness to collaborate on staging projects.
4. Offer Value through Educational Presentations: Position yourself as a thought leader in the home staging industry by offering to provide educational presentations or workshops to real estate offices or industry associations. These sessions could cover topics like the impact of staging on selling properties faster and at higher prices. By providing valuable insights and showcasing your expertise, you'll establish yourself as a trusted resource, increasing the likelihood of securing a face-to-face meeting.
5. Engage in Local Community Events: Participate in community events, fundraisers, or charity activities that involve real estate professionals. Volunteering your time or services at these events can create opportunities to build relationships with high-volume agents in a relaxed and non-salesy environment. Be genuine, show interest in their work, and express your desire to collaborate on future staging projects.
Remember, when reaching out to high-volume agents, it's essential to be respectful of their time and demonstrate a genuine interest in their success. Personalize your approach, be confident in showcasing the value you bring, and maintain a professional yet friendly demeanor to create a lasting impression.
By implementing these strategies, you'll increase your chances of securing face-to-face meetings with high-volume real estate agents and opening doors to fruitful collaborations.
Implementing an incremental sales growth strategy can significantly benefit home stagers in their quest for business success. By focusing on securing one additional project per month from high-volume real estate agents, home stagers can gradually increase their market share, revenue, and reputation in the industry.
Let's summarize the key benefits of creating an incremental sales growth strategy:
1. Steady Revenue Growth: The incremental approach ensures consistent revenue growth over time. By adding one project per month, home stagers can gradually increase their income, creating a stable and predictable cash flow. This allows for better financial planning and the ability to reinvest in the business to further accelerate growth.
2. Building Strong Relationships: Collaborating with high-volume real estate agents on a regular basis fosters strong relationships based on trust and mutual success. As home stagers consistently deliver exceptional results, agents will become loyal partners, providing ongoing referrals and repeat business. These relationships can become a valuable source of steady income and a competitive advantage in the market.
3. Market Share Expansion: The incremental sales growth strategy enables home stagers to expand their market share gradually. By consistently securing one additional project per month, they can capture a larger portion of the market, outperform competitors, and position themselves as the go-to staging experts in their area. This increased visibility and reputation translate into more opportunities and referrals from agents and homeowners alike.
4. Enhanced Professionalism and Expertise: Implementing a structured growth strategy demonstrates professionalism and commitment to excellence. As home stagers continuously refine their skills, adapt to market trends, and stay ahead of the competition, their expertise becomes highly valued. This positions them as trusted advisors and industry leaders, attracting more high-volume agents seeking their services.
5. Long-Term Business Sustainability: By focusing on incremental growth, home stagers create a sustainable business model. Rather than relying solely on sporadic large projects, the steady increase in market share provides a solid foundation for continued success. This approach mitigates the risks associated with market fluctuations and economic downturns, ensuring stability and longevity in the industry.
The incremental sales growth strategy empowers home stagers to achieve consistent revenue growth, build strong relationships, expand market share, enhance professionalism, and establish long-term business sustainability. By following this approach and leveraging the strategies outlined in this blog, home stagers can unlock their full potential and thrive in the competitive real estate market.
So, embrace the power of incremental growth and elevate your home staging business to new heights! "Pricing with Purpose: A Residential Interior Designer's Guide to Profitability"
by Joseph Haecker